Medved Madness is our annual spring trail running party!
The Madness will consist of two separate races.
- The Long Course will be roughly 13 miles. It will be at least 11 miles, but no more than 15 miles. There is a early start option for the Long Course. If you’d expect a trail half marathon to take you more than three hours please sign up for the early start.
- The Short Course will be roughly five miles. It will be at least four miles, but no more than six miles. There will not be an early start option for the Short Course.
The races are estimated distances and the course will be set on race day. The course is different each year because of varying trail conditions. Here are the course maps from a previous year:
There will be one basic aid station for Long Course event. You must carry your hydration and nutrition needs with you.
THE BARBECUE IS BACK!
After the race, stick around for our post race BBQ. Please bring your lawn chair or blanket and enjoy.
Packet Pickup: Saturday, May 6th at Medved Running and Walking Outfitters from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. We will have packet pickup on the morning of the race but WE WILL BE VERY SHORT-STAFFED ON RACE DAY. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR RACE PACKET ON SATURDAY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
MEDVED MADNESS FAQS
Where is the race?
- Hopkins Point, Mendon Ponds Park
Where can I park?
- You can park in the lower lot of Hopkins Point, by Pond View Shelter or along the roads of Mendon Ponds Park but don’t be a jerk. Be respectful of the park, the course and other participants. DO NOT PARK on the drive way leading uphill to Hopkins Point Lodge – this is part of the course
What time does the race start?
- Early Start (for those registered only) @ 7:30 am
- Long Course @ 8:30am
- Short Course @ 9:30am
- You may have a little walk from parking to the start line. Please plan on arriving early.
Can I change distances?
- Sure, but why would you?
- Any changes must be done prior to race day.
Is there a Course Map?
- An estimated course map is posted on the RunSignUp page.
- Long Course will be ~13 miles
- Short Course will be ~5 miles
Is there an Aid Station
- Yes, there will be an Aid Station for the Long Course by Cavalry Lodge, this will be around the 5-6 mile mark.
- Aid Station will have fruit, water, Tailwind and Gu.
What time is the BBQ?
- Food will be ready ~11:00am
- There are 4 indoor bathrooms. The bathrooms will not be open until 7:15 am. There are over 350 runners. There will be a long line before the race. Plan accordingly.
- We will plan to do the HUGE – GRANDOISE award ceremony around 11:30am
Can I exchange my shirt size?
- You can exchange with any leftover shirts on race day
Why can’t I run with my dog?
- Our insurance doesn’t allow it.
- We run through a portion of the park that does not permit pets.
- We’ve had complaints in the past because of uncontrolled dogs on the course.
- Each participant should pick up a KidsK bib.
- The race will start at 10:30 am