|Several people have said that due to the holiday weekend they didn’t see this email until after the “NoQuitters” coupon expired. In response, we’ve extended the coupon code until 11:59 pm om January 21, 2020. Register for The Last Annual Sloppy Fools Trail Run, Medved Madness Trail Race and Relays, and The Medved 5k to Cure ALS with the coupon code “NoQuitters” and receive 10% off.|
|Our friends at Strava have analyzed data from their 42 million athletes and have determined that January 19th is the day people are most likely to give up on their fitness goals for the year.|
That’s just sad.
Here are some tips to help you stick with your running goals in 2020:
1. Workout in the morning. Scheduling your exercise for the first part of the day will make you more likely to get it done. You are much more likely to skip your run if you wait until after work.
2. Workout with friends. Having an accountability partner will help you stay more consistent. You won’t skip your workout if your best friend is waiting for you. Our Free Thursday Night Fun Runs are a great way to get together with your running buddies or make a few new friends.
3. Join a club. People that are involved in a running club are three times more active than people that are not involved in a club. Check out our Medved Endurance Project. Members can participate in Saturday morning workouts, receive 25% off all Medved training programs, and discounts to dozens of races throughout the year. It is a great deal at just $50 annually.
4. Sign up for a race. People that have race goals are much more likely to be active six months into the year. Today only, The Last Annual Sloppy Fools Trail Run, Medved Madness Trail Race and Relays, and The Medved 5k to Cure ALS are offering a 10% discount with the coupon code “NoQuitters.”
5. Cross Train. People that are involved in other activities in addition to running are more likely to stay active throughout the year. Ride your bike, go for hikes, play pickup basketball, lift heavy things, it doesn’t matter. Find the exercise you like to do and do it. Check out Next Level Strength and Conditioning. They are starting a strength training for runners program.
Make 2020 the year that you set a goal and stick to it.
|SAFERRUN RIPCORD SIREN|
Check out the new SaferRun Ripcord Siren from Nathan Sports. This tiny alarm is designed to be a deterrent and can be used to alert others in the case of an incident. Despite its small size, the SaferRun Siren is incredibly loud blasting 120 decibels that can be heard up to 600 feet away. This extra piece of safety equipment can help you feel safer and more secure when you run.
This incredible little device was named one of The Best 100 inventions of 2019 by Time Magazine.
|How it works:|
Attach to any article of clothing or gear before your run. Pull if you feel uncomfortable or in case of an emergency to alert others of your distress. Turn off and use again if needed.
Stop in today and grab the SaferRun Ripcord Siren and be more prepared for safety on your run.
We will provide you with maps and turn-by-turn directions for routes of several distances. Run you run at your pace and return back to The Old Stone for fun and food.
All speeds are welcome and encouraged to participate, including walkers.
We hope to see you there!
|Upcoming Training Groups with 25% Discounts for Members of The Medved Endurance Project:|
Spring Distance Training Program: Starts February 18. Targets the Gorges Ithaca Half Marathon or other spring full/half marathon.
Spring 5k/10k Training Program: Starts March 11. Targets the Lilac Run 5k/10k. Suitable for brand-new runners and experienced runners alike.
Learning the Trails Beginner Trail Running Program: Starts March 30. Designed to help experienced road runners become more comfortable running on trails.
Fall Distance Training Program: Starts July 7. Targets the Niagara Falls International Marathon or another fall full/half marathon.
Summer 5k Training Program: Starts July 8. Targets the Ovarian and Gynecologic Cancers 5k.
Medved’s Five for Fall (5k & 5M): Starts September 16. Targets BOTH the Scare Brain Cancer Away 5k AND The Feast 5-Miler.
Upcoming Races with Discounts for Members of The Medved Endurance Project:
Hearnish 5-mile – January 25, 2020 – 10% off – Automatic at checkout
Valentine’s Run in Memory of Tom Brannon 8-mile – February 8 – 10% off – Automatic at checkout.
Polar Cats Winter Race Series Race #2 – February 15, 2020 – 10% off -Automatic at checkout.
White House Challenge 4.4-mile – February 22, 2020 – 10% off – Automatic at checkout.
Polar Cats Winter Race Series Race #3 – March 1, 2020 – 10% off -Automatic at checkout.
The Last Annual Sloppy Fools 4-Mile Trail Run – April 1, 2020: 15% off – Automatic at checkout.
The Earthday Half Marathon, 5k, and Relay – April 18, 2020: 12% off – Coupon Code for Members.
14th Annual Medved Madness Trail Race – Sunday, May 3, 2020: $10.00 off – Automatic at checkout.
Mind The Ducks 12 Hour #MTD12HOUR – May 9, 2020 – $5.00 off – Automatic at checkout.
The Lilac Run 5k, 10k, and Donut Dash – May 17, 2020 – $10.00 off – Automatic at checkout.
Gorges Ithaca Half Marathon – June 13, 2020 – 10% off – Automatic at checkout.
Candlelight 12-Hour Overnight Ultra – July 18, 2020 – $5.00 off – Automatic at checkout.
4th Annual A Midsummer Night’s Madness Half Marathon and Relay – August 29, 2020 – $10.00 off – Automatic at checkout.
The Feast 2&5 Miler – Thanksgiving Day – $10.00 off – Automatic at Checkout