The Rush-Henrietta Rotary Club, in conjunction with the Rush-Henrietta Area Food Terminal (RHAFT) and the Town of Henrietta Recreation Department, invite you to participate in the inaugural Kicking Hunger 5K in Henrietta, NY.
This race will take place on Saturday, June 16th, 2018 at and around Veterans Memorial Park and the Town of Henrietta Recreation Center. The purpose of our race is to bring awareness and provide tangible solutions to the issue of hunger in our community, as well as continuing the tradition of promoting exercise and family-centered events in our area.
With help from race participants, volunteers, area businesses, and community groups, we hope to be able to raise money and collect non-perishable food items to help with the Rush-Henrietta Kicking Hunger Summer Food campaign, as well providing support for other community food and student-centered programs through RHAFT. The Kicking Hunger Program, started two years ago by RHCSD staff, provides free food to local families over the summer months.
● Online registration closes 6/14/2018 @ 11:59 pm.
● Early packet pickup on Friday 6/15 3:00-8:00 pm (extended hours to 8 pm) at
Henrietta Recreation Center 605 Calkins Road Henrietta, NY.
● Race-Day packet pickup and registration is 7:00 am-7:45 am at registration table located by amphitheater in Veterans Memorial Park. Race starts 8:00 am
● Calkins Road closes starting at 8:00 am. Calkins Road will be completely closed for approximately 30 minutes from Strawberry Hill Road to Beaconsfield Road. Also, a single eastbound lane will be closed from Strawberry Hill Road to Hyland Drive for this time frame. Traffic will not be allowed to travel on Calkins Road in either direction during this time. Monroe County Sheriff Department Officers will be stationed at each end of the closure to direct detours. Memorial Drive and access in and out of the Henrietta Recreation Center will be blocked off starting at 7:45 am until 8:30 am.
● Strollers and wagons are welcome but PLEASE LINE UP BEHIND RUNNERS at the starting line. This is for everyone’s safety.
IMPORTANT PARKING INFORMATION
● Race parking available at Henrietta Senior Center on Calkins Road.
● Important parking note: The Henrietta Senior Center lot will be closed for vehicles entering or exiting from 8:00 am until approximately 8:30 am. No access will be allowed.
● Overflow parking is available at Doodlebugs or Wegmans. Vehicles will be able to exit from these locations and head east to E. Henrietta Road throughout the race duration.
● No vehicles will be allowed in Veterans Memorial Park parking lots during this event from 7:00 am – 9:30 am. Only volunteers will be allowed to park in the Henrietta Recreation Center lot.
TIPS FOR SPECTATORS
● Best spectator viewing: The area around the entrance to Veterans Memorial Park will provide the best viewing location and will allow for spectators to see runners three times with minimal movement.
● Awards ceremony and food for participants will be located next to the finish line at the amphitheater area in Veterans Memorial Park.
● Awards ceremony is scheduled for 9:15 am. Awards will be given for top-3 male and female overall finishers as well as top-3 in the following age groups for both males and females: 0-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+. The
Race Participant Raffle will be held immediately following the awards ceremony!
THANK YOU for helping keep runners, walkers, motorists, and residents safe and happyduring this community event!
More information about RHAFT can be found at http://fishrhaftinc.org/rhaft/.