Make history while preserving history! Calling ALL runners and walkers – lace up your sneaks and join GCV&M for our 5K Fundraiser: Race Through History on Saturday, May 19.
Speed along our winding nature trails to beat your best time. Challenge co-workers and family members to join you in some fitness for a good cause. Power walk with your friends while taking in scenic views of our historic village. GCV&M’s exclusive on-site course combines groomed nature trails through our virgin forest with gravel byways amid our historic buildings, creating a route that is as safe and pastoral as it is challenging.
- Your entry fee includes:
- Event T-shirt
- FREE all-day access to the 19th-Century Historic Village, John L. Wehle Art Gallery and Nature Center
- Chip-timed race results
- Photo opportunities with staff in historic costume
- Post-race goodies
- Donation to Genesee Country Museum to help preserve local history
Dress for Time Travel
By all means strap on your iPod, don your yoga pants, and break out the high-tech footwear, but we hope you’ll also come prepared to travel back in time with us. Come dressed as your favorite historical character, or add some old-fashioned touches so you blend in with our 19th-century village. Snap a photo with our staff in historic costume before or after the race. And if that isn’t enough fun, we’ll even offer a prize for best costume!
After the Finish Line
Enjoy complimentary post-race goodies, or refuel at our Freight House Pub and Depot Restaurant will breakfast sandwiches and beer. Spend the rest of your day experiencing life in our historic village.
- Runners and walkers of all ages and abilities are welcome!
- Check-in and the race begin promptly!
- The course is unpaved and uneven. Please plan accordingly.
- Participants must be pre-registered to participate.