Do you need some assistance in training for your fall marathon or half marathon? The Medved Training Program can help.
Whether you have never completed a half or full marathon, or you are looking to improve your times, we have a training program that can fit your needs.
This 12 week program tailors your individual needs in a fun setting with personal coaching and encouragement.
- Full Marathon Purple Group: For those participants whose goal it is to complete a marathon and are currently able to run 15 miles per week.
- Full Marathon Yellow Group: For those participants who can currently finish a marathon and are interested in improving their finishing time. Current mileage should be 20+ per week.
- Half Marathon White Group: For those whose goal it is to complete a half marathon and who can currently run 10-15 miles per week.
- Half Marathon Green Group: For those who can currently complete a half marathon and are interested in improving your time. Current running mileage of 15 miles+
- Ultra Marathon Option: Interested in going beyond 26.2 miles. Contact Coach Huckle and he can work out an individualized training program within our Distance Training Program setting.
Support for your running program will be supplemented by discussions on proper running shoe fit, dressing for various weather conditions, nutritional needs, goal setting, stretching and more!
Weekly training plans will be provided. Group workout will be on Wednesdays at 6 pm starting June 27, 2012 and will go through Wednesday September 12, 2012. There will also be Saturday morning training sessions Come join in as you share your running program with a supportive network.
The tuition for the program is $100.00 which includes the coach's fee, a performance running shirt and Medved Store Specials. No refunds after July 4, 2012.
This program will be coached by Nathan Huckle, whose experience includes:
- Eight years experience as a coach and assistant director of the Eastern Regional Elite Distance Camp, located at the US Olympic Training Center, Lake Placid, NY.
- Collaborated with world-renown coach and exercise physiologist Jack Daniels.
- Eight years experience as head varsity cross country and track and field coach for Brighton High School.
- Three-time Class "A" Cross Country Coach of the Year.
- Three-time Class "A" Track Coach of the Year
- 15 sub-three hour marathons: 2:40:16 personal best
- 5 Boston Marathon appearances: 177th out of 20,000 runners in 2003
- Winner of the 2004 Ontario Shore Marathon
- Winner of the 2010 Bigfoot 50k Trail Ultra
- Winner of the 2008 Bristol Out of Bounds Trail 1/2 Marathon
- Winner of the 2005 Ridgewalk/run 14 Mile Trail Race
- Member of winning team at 2000 USATF 1/2 Marathon Championships
- Participant in four US National Snowshoe Championships: three top 20 finishes
- Over 50 sub-17 minute 5k's: 15:48 personal best
- Member of Team Brownstone elite racing team: 2000-2004
- Four-year varsity athlete in cross country, indoor and outdoor track at SUNY Brockport under coach John Izzo
- Four-year varsity athlete in cross country and track at Tioga Central High School
- Has logged over 2,000 miles for 16 consecutive years
- Nate is currently the Head Men's and Women's Cross Country Coach at Canisius College
We are having an informational meeting on Wednesday June 20th at 7 pm at the store. The meeting scheduled for Thursday June 21st is cancelled due to a scheduling issue.
FREE 4 WEEK BASE TRAINING PROGRAM
Get your training started right away with our free base training program. Contact Coach Nate and he can provide a program to start your preparation before our formal program begins.
The start up program allows you to be prepared for the beginning of our formal training program and does not commit you to joining the full program.
Questions??? Please contact Nate at email@example.com