The 20th Annual Medved 5k to Cure ALS features a scenic course that starts right in front of Frontier Field, runs down toward Oak Street, and eventually takes you onto State Street. From State Street you turn right onto Main Street and then you take a right onto Plymouth. The race finishes inside Frontier Field, just behind home plate. The course is Certified to be Accurate by USATF, NY#10118KL. Click here to view the course map.
Performance Tech Shirts for the first 300 registered 5K participants
Post race food and refreshments in the “Nest” at 10:00 am.
Digital clock display at one mile mark and finish line
Computerized race results
Free parking at Kodak Lot D located across from the main entrance to Frontier Field
The best finishing location in Rochester running
- $22.50 if registered before 11:59 pm on December 31, 2018
- 25.00 if registered before 11:59 pm on March 31, 2019
- $27.50 if registered before 11:59 pm on May 14, 2019
- $30.00 if you register after May 15, 2018 but before online registration closes at 11:59 pm on Friday, June 14, 2019
- $35.00 if you register at packet pickup, or on race day.
- $10 for Youth 1 Mile Run
- $10 for 1 Mile Fitness Stroll
- Free Race Entry: to anyone who raises $60 or more in contributions to ALS (See Donation Information section below).
- Members of The Medved Endurance Project receive $10.00 off of the entry fee.
Individuals who raise $60 or more in contributions for ALS will receive a free entry to the race and a commemorative Medved 5K to Cure ALS t-shirt. If you choose this option please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a coupon code before registering for the race.
This year we are excited to be partnering with Hearts for ALS NY, a local, nonprofit, volunteer organization who are committed to working to help people living with ALS. All money donated to Hearts for ALS NY stay with local families to help cover costs that insurances won’t cover, pay bills, provide and deliver wheel chair ramps, as well as many other things. Hearts for ALS also provides support in the form of answering insurance, caregiver, and equipment questions.
We are still partnering with ALS TDI, the nonprofit biotech company, who are tirelessly doing research to try and cure ALS and provide treatments to individuals living with ALS.
For more information about Hearts for ALS NY please visit: http://heartsforalsny.org/ And for more information about ALS TDI please visit: https://www.als.net/
Packet Pick Up
Saturday, June 15, 2019 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at Medved Running and Walking Outfitters. Due to the number of runners it is highly recommended to pick up your packet at this time.
Race Day: Begins at 7:00 am, inside the main entrance at Frontier Field.
Awards and Prize Money
1st Place Male and Female: $100
2nd Place Male and Female: $75
3rd Place Male and Female: $50
- First place Masters (40+) Male and Female: A Medved Gift Certificate
- Age Group Awards: Top three in each age group receives awards.
- Male and Female Age Groups: 10 & under, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
Kids vs. “Spikes” the Mascot
Starts at 9:45 am in the Frontier Field Outfield
Separate age group races and distances for those 5 & under, 6-9 and 10-13.
All participants who outrun “Spikes” will receive a ribbon and award courtesy of the Red Wings. Register for kids races beginning at 7 am on race day.
The Spikes races are free!!