Are you looking to improve your race times from the 5K to the Half Marathon? Have you just completed a spring training program or are stuck in a training group? Need some assistance to break through to the next level? Our Summer Speed Session can help improve your running training and performance.
This 12 week program will focus on the specific training intensities and paces that will maximize the output you get from the energy you are putting into your runs. Long runs, hill repeats and track workouts will be explained in detail, so that you understand the stresses that you are placing on your body and how they are going to make you fitter and faster.
Weekly training programs will be provided and group workouts will be held on Wednesday evenings at 6 pm. All levels of experience and speed are welcome to join us and our fun, supportive network.
The program starts on June 27th and runs through September 12th. It will be designed so you can run your favorite summer races during the training and peak for your best performances during the cool fall months.
An Informational Meeting will be held at Medved on Wednesday June 20th. (The meeting that was scheduled for Thursday June 21st at 7 pm has been cancelled due to a scheduling issue.)
The tuition for the program is $100.00 which includes the coach's fee, a performance running shirt and Medved Store Specials. No refunds after July 4, 2012.
This program will be coached by Nathan Huckle, whose experience includes:
- Eight years experience as a coach and assistant director of the Eastern Regional Elite Distance Camp, located at the US Olympic Training Center, Lake Placid, NY.
- Collaborated with world-renown coach and exercise physiologist Jack Daniels.
- Eight years experience as head varsity cross country and track and field coach for Brighton High School.
- Three-time Class "A" Cross Country Coach of the Year.
- Three-time Class "A" Track Coach of the Year
- 15 sub-three hour marathons: 2:40:16 personal best
- 5 Boston Marathon appearances: 177th out of 20,000 runners in 2003
- Winner of the 2004 Ontario Shore Marathon
- Winner of the 2010 Bigfoot 50k Trail Ultra
- Winner of the 2008 Bristol Out of Bounds Trail 1/2 Marathon
- Winner of the 2005 Ridgewalk/run 14 Mile Trail Race
- Member of winning team at 2000 USATF 1/2 Marathon Championships
- Participant in four US National Snowshoe Championships: three top 20 finishes
- Over 50 sub-17 minute 5k's: 15:48 personal best
- Member of Team Brownstone elite racing team: 2000-2004
- Four-year varsity athlete in cross country, indoor and outdoor track at SUNY Brockport under coach John Izzo
- Four-year varsity athlete in cross country and track at Tioga Central High School
- Has logged over 2,000 miles for 16 consecutive years
- Nate is currently the Head Men's and Women's Cross Country Coach at Canisius College
Questions??? Please email Coach Nate at: firstname.lastname@example.org